“It concerns me as I see young people in our Church who know all the correct things they should do and do not have a clue as to why…Do we understand why? If we do not understand the why, then the power available to us through the doctrine of Christ will not be evident in our lives.” – Elder David A. Bednar
Known simply by many as “The WHY book,” WHY? Powerful Answers and Practical Reasons for Living LDS Standards quickly became a Deseret Book best-seller and is a must have among LDS youth, their parents, and leaders. This book offers doctrinal and logical reasons for living LDS standards and provides insights to more than 100 of the most common questions LDS teens have, such as:
- Why do some people who break the commandments appear happy?
- Why shouldn’t I just “try” alcohol, just so I can see what it tastes like?
- Why is wearing two pairs of earrings such a big deal? Or is it?
- Why is it wrong to steady date as teens if we both have high standards?
- Why is 16 the magical age to date — is it all that different from 15?
- Why is pornography a big deal if it doesn’t hurt anybody?
- Why shouldn’t I wear flip-flops to Church?
- Why do some people who pay tithing still not have a lot of money?
- Why should I talk to the bishop about certain sins?
The book is written in a visually stimulating, engaging, example-filled and inter-active way to help teens better understand the doctrines and principles supporting LDS standards. Click on the image below to see a sample page:
Click here to visit the official site for the WHY? book, to view content from the book, and to link to the WHY? blog files
Available for purchase through:
Download the WHY? app for your iPhone or iPad